Tuesday, September 30

Coffee Mug Tuesday: Show off Your Coffee Mugs (14th Mug)  

2 tickles / ticked





Here is a mug that I was able to claim after I completed my Coffee Hop card in Bonifacio Highstreet (one of the more popular places to go to in Manila). The objective was to buy 8 coffee drinks in at least 4 out of the 8 participating coffee places there. They had Starbucks, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Seattle's Best, Krispy Kreme, Gloria Jeans and local coffee houses but great ones too - Figaro Coffee, Bo's Coffee, Kape Isla.

The mug that I got isn't just your ordinary giveaway mug because the design of the mug is actually a painting of BenCab, the Philippines' national artist. It's called "Conversations" and is an acrylic on canvas painted in 2008. This is just a great project done by the Bonifacio Highstreet and all the participating coffee shops.

Was it worth it?

Of course! Not only am I a coffee lover but your prize for buying, even if it means you spend P1000/@20, is really worth it. It is such a beautiful mug that I am thinking of not even using it for my coffee but just treating it like a painting. I know it's wishful thinking but somehow I can't stop thinking that it might also appreciate. Who knows? This is BenCab's work and is somehow a collector's item..

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 tickles / ticked: to “ Coffee Mug Tuesday: Show off Your Coffee Mugs (14th Mug)


  • October 2, 2008 at 3:18 AM  

    A collectable is, first, something that someone holds onto and takes care of; and, second, something that someone will pay money to own. Beauty and history are two reasons that someone would pay money for it (in about 20 years). Rarity is another.


  • October 5, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

    Thanks for the comment..used the wrong word for this one. But I agree the mug is not under any of the definitions you gave. I'm just hoping that like its original work (the real collectible), it might also appreciate..:) Thanks again